In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I would like to share some of the things that I am particularly thankful for:
- I am thankful for my family. Even though we aren’t together this Thanksgiving, we are together in spirit. I am thankful for modern technology and transportaiton that allows us to stay so close. I am thankful for my parents who have provided me with such a solid foundation to grow, and I am thankful for my sister who has become my endless source of friendship.
- I am thankful for my boyfriend who moved to be closer to me this year. I am thankful that he provides endless amounts of love, joy, and companionship. I am thankful for everyday that we spend laughing, and I am thankful for the days that he accepts my tears.
- I am thankful that God provided such a beautiful earth for us to enjoy.
- I am thankful that I have a strong body that I can use to explore that earth.
- I am thankful that I live in a time and a place that I can fufill my potential as a female.
- I am thankful that I live in a country that will elect a black president.
- I am thankful that as humans we experience compassion, that we recognize pain in others and recognize a good greater than ourselves.
- I am thankful for our books, our libraries, our schools.
- I am thankful for my job and that I have security in this very unsecure time. I am thankful that I have enough to eat on Thanksgiving and that all my basic needs are met.